What is In-Mold Labeling (IML)?
IML is carried out by placing the Polypropylene product, which has been pre-printed, into the mold. This product melts into the label and becomes the final design.
What are IML Usage Technologies?
IML technology means effective labeling of plastic packaging products. This technique, which is widely used in Türkiye, is one of the latest innovations in the industry. Usage technologies that enable labeling with high visual value are:
- Injection IML, which enables the production of plastic parts in small components, is suitable for mass production.
- Thermoform IML, which helps the product to be shaped at high temperatures, is the plastic film of the semi-finished product.
- Blow-Molding IML is used for making and joining empty plastic parts.
What are the Usage Areas of In-Mold Labeling?
IML produces colorful and high-resolution productions. Some usage areas of this technique, which create interesting products are:
- Food and beverage packaging,
- Paint buckets,
- Cosmetics and personal care products,
- Household tools and equipment,
- White goods
- Automotive industry,
- Pharmaceutical industry,
- Furniture such as tables and chairs,
- Types of buckets and lids,
- Electronic products,
- Medical supplies
What Are the Elements That Provide In-Mold Labeling?
In-mold labeling ensures high printing quality and a decorated end product and requires a balance between mold and robot, injection machine as well as label parameters. Elements that enable the in-mold labeling technique to occur:
- Plastic injection machine,
- Appropriate injection mold,
- Labeling robot,
- Raw material.
What are the Features of the Mold Suitable for IML Technology?
IML technology covers a product with a label and design layer. This process starts by selecting the type of label according to the material of the product and continues with directing the plastic raw material to the mold before melting it. Afterwards, the cooling process is started and the design phase is carried out. Features of the mold suitable for this technology:
- A powerful cooling system,
- Selection of the material used for the mold,
- Mold design according to label form and product
- Hot runner system,
- Correct selection of the heat control system,
- Robot technology that is suitable for IML technology.
For detailed information about in-mold labeling, you can contact the MoldMore expert team.